Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sweet Baby-Pop up gift card holder

Hi crafters!! 
Recently on the Cricut Cut Ups facebook page.. fellow crafters had posted some pictures of wonderful gift hard holders they had made from the inspiration of Mary over @ Cardztv ...
Well, of course I had to try my hand at it too...
Here is my version of the pop up gift card holder...


 
 
I have a few friends that are expecting now and thought I would be proactive and get some baby shower cards made and ready ahead of time... I had this cute designer paper stack from DCWV called Nana's Nursery: Baby Boy.  I used the inside DP from that stack.. The paper was suppose to be on the outside, but I goofed and glued all the pieces in the same direction, but when folded, the bottom piece was upside down... Word of advise for all, make sure of the direction of any printed pattern paper before you permanently glue it in place!!!!   It still looks nice on the inside...   I cut out the "congratulations" and  baby rattle die cut from my Cricut New Arrivals cartridge and cut the rattle @ 1 3/4inch and the "congrats" @ 2 inches.  "100% Princess" sentiment is from Jaded Blossom
Instruction and measurements to make this card can be found over at Mary's blog or YouTube Channel... or click on link here....Pop up gift card holder video.
 
In addition to giving this card as a gift, I was planning on submitting it into the following challenges
1)  fantabulouscricut : Challenge #226- Kids Theme.. I figured babies are still considered kids... just very tiny and cuddly kids. 
2) Craftin Desert Divas: : Craft it up-Link it up Linky Party # 39- Any thing goes.... I am trying something new and thought it would be great to showcase it here.....
3) Hiding in my craft-room:  HIMCR #163- Freestyle
 
Thanks for stopping by..... If you like what you saw today, please leave a comment and follow my blog... I love to hear your wonderful comments.
 
Kubra H.


6 comments:

  1. Very cute, Kubra. Love the papers!
    Linda ☺
    Crafting With Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. super fun card!! Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!

    Kathy
    Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat gift card holder! I love the colors and how the card pops up.

    Thanks for sharing at Hiding in My Craft Room!

    Samantha
    - HIMCR DT
    - Clear it Out DT
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card holder, love the papers you have used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful baby gift card thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Diva's anything goes challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Gift Card Holder Kubra! Thanks for sharing with us at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete