Thursday, August 28, 2014

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!!

Hey crafters...
Its that time of the year..... kids heading off to school.  Last year, I made a cute supply cake for my then Kindergartner to take for her first day of school.  This year I just could not get all of the supplies in time, so I opted to make a card instead...
Mary over at CARDZTV made a very cute S-fold card the other day. Please head over to her blog to check it out-- here is the link to the video for the card.

Here is my take on the "Back to School" card

 
 


 I had the DCWV " The Grade School" stack, which I love and have used previously in different school projects for my kids.  When I cut the DP for the inside panel I had notice that "teacher" and "first grade" were right in the center and thought it was perfect to highlight that part since the card was meant for her first grade teacher... Perfect coincidence!!!!  I used the Cricut Recess cartridge for the pencil and Locker Talk for the sheet of paper.   I left the inside panel blank so my kid can sign her name and will add the gift-card to the bottom of the inside panel... I used some 3-D stickers I had in my stash for the letter.
All in all, I really love how this card turned out... Thanks Mary for the inspiration to make this card!!!!


This week both My Craft Spot and fantabulous cricut challenge blog  have challenges going on with back to school themes, and I am planning on submitting the card in...

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you enjoyed the card..
As always love hearing from you so please leave a comment and let me know what you think.....
Click on the button on the right side and become a follow to catch all my new projects!!!

Kubra H.

4 comments:

  1. Love your card! Great papers & cuts, and I love that S Fold! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut & More this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just fab in so many ways! I'm sure the teacher will treasure it! Thanks for joining our "Back To School" challenge at FCCB!

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs
    FCCB Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your S-Fold card is so fun! Your paper and die-cut choices are just lovely. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at My Craft Spot!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and cute design! LOVE the way you put this together! Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete